Versar, Inc. Acquires Geo-Marine, Inc.
Versar, Inc. (NYSE MKT: VSR) has acquired Geo-Marine, Inc., a business with more than $20 million in annual revenues. The purchase price was paid with a combination of cash and seller notes. Geo-Marine, headquartered in Plano, Texas, provides engineering design, construction management, environmental planning and programming, and other services in support of a wide range of government, industry, and commercial clients.
Acoustic Monitoring • Desktop Studies • Environmental Compliance • EFH Assessments • Habitat Monitoring • Marine Mammal & Sea Turtle Surveys • NRDA • Protected Species • Resource Assessments • Scientific Diving
VersarGMI’s Marine Resources Group is composed of a diverse, experienced team of marine scientists offering expertise in the fields of marine mammal and sea turtle biology, ornithology, acoustics, coral reef ecology, fish and fisheries, and biostatistics. Our scientists specialize in Federally-protected species research, conservation, and management and have served as chief scientists, principal investigators, and modelers on multiple projects.
- Protected species surveys
- Marine mammal and sea turtle surveys
- Acoustics monitoring
- Natural Resource Damage Assessments
- Environmental Compliance
- Resource Assessments
- Habitat Monitoring
- Essential Fish Habitat Assessments
- Scientific Diving
The VersarGMI marine sciences team has a wide variety of experience that ranges from field studies to environmental compliance documentation. Tasks in the marine environment have ranged from management and/or execution of large-scale survey efforts in the Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian Oceans, Caribbean Sea, and Gulf of Mexico to the development of marine resource documents that cover hundreds of square miles of coastal and ocean areas across the globe.
- Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) Letter of Authorization (LOA) applications
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) consultation and documentation
- Endangered Species Act (ESA) section 7 consultations
- Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA)
- Marine Resources Assessments (MRAs)
- Threatened & Endangered (T&E) species studies
- Line transect surveys for marine mammals, sea turtles, and seabirds
- Protected species mitigation and compliance surveys
- Density/abundance modeling using line transect data
- Bioacoustics (PAM and sound pressure level monitoring)
- Marine resource mapping
- Geodatabase development
VersarGMI provides its clients with cost-effective environmental solutions based on the application of rigorous science. Our team’s experience allows us to supply our clients with high quality products under difficult budgetary and time constraints.
We have successfully conducted marine resources assessments, marine mammal and sea turtle assessments, shipboard and aerial surveys, density estimations, protected species mitigation and compliance surveys, spatial modeling, NEPA-compliance and documentation, essential fish habitat (EFH) consultation and assessments, Section 7 consultations, take permit authorizations, seagrass restoration, marine habitat characterizations, coastal zone management planning, wetland evaluation and delineation, marine resources mapping, and collection and interpretation of remotely sensed data. Our experience has proven crucial in programs involving marine ecosystem study, conservation and management, and environmental stewardship.